It goes without saying that every wedding is special and unique – but one thing that our Smashing the Glass couples tend to have in common is their commitment to making their wedding as individual as they are with some lovely unique dettails. Even after all these years and countless real weddings, we never cease to be surprised by a new and original detail that we haven’t come across before. That ethos is the reason we’re such huge fans of Etsy.
Etsy is a place of endless imagination. Small businesses and sellers lovingly craft a mixture of fashion-forward and traditional wedding wares, which can often then be personalised by the couple to create a one-off wedding-day treasure. While would never dream of denying you the joy of a long Etsy hunt, we have come across a few gems lately that we just couldn’t keep to ourselves. Here are thirteen of our favourite affordable, creative Etsy wedding finds.
1. Have your wedding logo made into a rubber stamp £12
Have a custom stamp made with your wedding logo and have fun branding all the different details of your big day! It’s amazing how simple this is to do and how much fun you can have doing it (FYI I wrote a whole post on how to brand your big day with a logo here.)
2. Create a custom slogan veil £37
Say it loud and proud with a slogan veil. This double layered, shoulder-length veil is handmade to order with the word or phrase of your choice (up to 12 characters). I love the idea of having one with your new married name on it!
3. Create a personalised cake topper £65
4. Have some fun with your dance floor signs £6
5. Buy superhero cufflinks for your groomsmen £12
6. Create personalised coasters 100 for £118
Serve both your favourite cocktails at your reception, and then have the cocktail recipes printed on coasters. Alternatively print a message of your choosing, or personalise them for Save The Dates!
7. Engage your guests with an ‘I Spy’ wedding photo game £2.50
8. Personalise your clutch £20 + clutch
9. Keep children entertained with wedding activity books £3.60
Keep little ones entertained at your wedding with their very own wedding activity book
10. Have your flower girls wave Mazel Tov banners £30
These would be great fun for your flower girls and page boys to wave after the ceremony is over and the glass has been smashed!
11. Create a rubber stamp portrait of you and your fiancà© to personalise your wedding stationery from £93
Decorate your wedding cards and other stationery with your own couple portrait.
12. Provide entertainment for guests with nostalgic cootie catchers £20
A great table icebreaker, these will keep your guests entertained and keep them chatting all night long too!
13. Instead of a guestbook, have your guests write on Jenga pieces £37
Instead of a traditional guestbook, have your guests write on Jenga pieces. Every time you play Jenga, you’ll be reminded of your fabulous day and your wonderful friends and family!
Which idea’s your favourite? Do you have any more ideas to add? Let us know in the comments box below!