The Hospital Club in London’s Covent Garden is the only private members’ club designed specifically for those in creative industries, and as a member since 2009, it’s been my ‘home from home’ for many years.
Founded by musician Dave Stewart, of Eurythmics fame, and Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, the Hospital Club opened in 2004, as a hub where creative types could create, connect, and collaborate. Spread over seven floors with stunning interiors including cocktail bars, lounges, a restaurant, 36-seater cinema, TV studio, art gallery, and 15 extraordinary bedrooms, it caters for creative professionals who are looking for something super cool, friendly and collaborative.
As well as being London’s hippest private members’ club, it’s also the perfect space for couples looking for somewhere really stylish and different for their wedding venue.
It boasts a range of versatile spaces each with its own unique style and flavour, as well as a team of chefs and mixologists who can tailor-make and prepare the perfect menu (kosher or just Jewish-friendly!) whatever your theme and budget.
A couple of months ago in January 2015, fifteen sumptuous bedrooms were added to the mix which means that for the first time ever the Hospital Club is opening it’s doors to non-members. The rooms are luxuriously appointed with leathers, velvets, sumptuous woods and jaw-dropping works of contemporary art, and I’m giving one lucky reader and their companion the chance to sneak in, party hard, and crash out in comfort in the Hospital Club’s top suite, complete with dinner in the club restaurant, and breakfast the following morning.
The suite (a.k.a. the crash pad of your dreams) comes complete with a private terrace, separate lounge area, erotic minibar by Holloway Smith Noir, brain power tool kits by the School of Life, insider guides to London, and a 7pm cocktail trolley with your own personal bartender!
For the duration of your stay, you’ll also be able to make full use of all member privileges including the club’s 3D cinema, pool room, cocktails bars, and the enviable schedule of member events.
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance to win, simply hop over and like the Smashing The Glass Facebook page, then come back here and leave a comment at the end of this blog post telling me why you would like to win. It’s as easy as that, and anyone can enter whether you’re already married, engaged, or simply dreaming of the future!
For bonus points follow Smashing The Glass on Twitter and tweet the following line:
I’d love to win a luxurious overnight stay with dinner and breakfast at @TheHospitalClub in @SmashGlass’s competition https://www.smashingtheglass.com/2015/03/27/win-a-luxury-overnight-stay-at-the-hospital-club
While you’re waiting to hear if you’ve won, let me tell you about what the Hospital Club offers in terms of a wedding venue. It’s definitely one of London’s most stylish choices, and having used the Club for a wonderful surprise birthday party for my mum, I can tell you from my own experience that the service you’ll receive is incomparable.
The Club is fully licensed to hold weddings and ceremonies, and can cater for every part of your celebration all under one roof, from your chuppah to the champagne reception, to a sit down wedding breakfast, to dancing the night away and waking up in one of their fabulous bedrooms the next morning. They offer a flexible wedding management service too, with a dedicated planner on hand from day one to D-day to ensure that your day is a truly extraordinary and unforgettable experience.
The Hospital Club is perfect for small, intimate weddings as well as larger ceremonies and parties for up to 120 guests (all spaces with their capacities and prices are listed in their wedding brochure).
To find out more about weddings at the Hospital Club, or to organise a private viewing with Daniel Maxwell, the Hospital Club’s Head of Events, email email@example.com or call 020 7170 9154
To book a bedroom at The Hospital Club, call 020 7170 9100 or visit www.thehospitalclub.com/bedrooms
TERMS & CONDITIONS
– The prize is an overnight stay for two at the Hospital Club, including dinner for two in the Club’s restaurant, and breakfast the following morning.
– The contest is open to all readers of Smashing The Glass, wherever you are in the world. However, as stated below, the winner is responsible for making their own way to and from the Hospital Club in London, UK.
– The winner is responsible for making their own way to and from the Hospital Club, 24 Endell Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9HQ.
– The overnight stay is subject to availability and certain black-out dates may apply.
– The prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted with a cash alternative.
– Competition entries must be received by Thursday 23 April 2015 at 11.59pm. The winner will be picked at random and will be contacted by email within a week of this closing date. The name of the lucky winner may also be published on the Smashing the Glass Facebook page.
– The winner must claim their prize within 1 year of being notified.
– Only one entry per person.
– Smashing The Glass’ decision and any decision taken by the promoter (the Hospital Club) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Smashing The Glass may retain the email address of all entrants for future communication use only. It will not be shared with any third party.
– No purchase necessary.
All imagery by Lloyd Dobbie or supplied by the Hospital Club.
NB. Images of the rooms are not necessarily indicative of the prize.