Call me a romantic (or a bit geeky… either will do) but I’ve always had a fascination with that wonderful golden age of railways: the enchantment of travel, tearful goodbyes, joyful reunions… and the awe-inspiring gothic architecture that just blows you away.
And encapsulating all of this is the devastatingly impressive St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel. I attended a beautiful Jewish wedding there, not long after its refurbishment (a dizzying £150 million was spent on the makeover!) — and was bowled over by its seductive mix of grandeur and contemporary chic.
Getting married here is nothing like your traditional hotel wedding. For a start, you can see the Eurostar from the bar (and I always get a shiver of excitement when I think of that thrilling connection to Parisian adventure). Fancy Paris straight after the nuptials? Just pop out, and hop on…
Then there’s the venue itself. And my goodness, what a venue; the Evening Standard quite rightly called it, ‘the most romantic building in London’. From its dramatic Victorian gothic faà§ade, to its lavishly elegant event spaces, suites and indulgent spa, it’s designed to impress.
If you’re after the ultimate wedding photo, I give you the iconic Grand Staircase, extravagantly sweeping over three stories with a magnificent vaulted ceiling. And if you want to make a big, theatrical wedding entrance (let’s face it, it’s your one chance in life!), this is definitely for you.
From rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and groom parties, to ceremonies, wedding breakfasts and honeymoons, the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel offers a range of flexible packages — so you can start your wonderful journey in the finest way imaginable.
Win an à¼ber-luxurious night for two at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel
Because my readers are the most stylish on the planet (yes, I’m looking at you), the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel is offering one lucky couple the chance to win a luxurious night in one of their exquisite Chambers Suites.
After being welcomed with a glass of Veuve Cliquot Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (basically this is how I’d like my life to be every day), you’ll enjoy all the facilities the hotel has to offer — from Butler service and access to the exclusive Chambers Club, to the blissful in-room Bath Ritual, where you choose a bathing experience from a special menu, then lie back and drift away.
Dinner, breakfast and an exclusive historical tour are included too, making it a uniquely special get-away for you and your loved one.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
HOW TO ENTER
Entering couldn’t be easier, and you can enter whether you’re already married, engaged or just dreaming of the future!
- Pop over and like the Smashing The Glass Facebook page
- Then go to the St.Pancras Renaissance Hotel’s wedding website and find the names of their three wedding packages
- Finally, fill in the form below!
The closing date for entries is 11 June 2015 at 11.59pm. Best of luck![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
TERMS & CONDITIONS
– The prize is an overnight stay for two at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, including dinner for two, Butler service, an in-room Bath Ritual, a complimentary history tour, and breakfast the following morning.
– The contest is open to all readers of Smashing The Glass, wherever you are in the world. However, as stated below, the winner is responsible for making their own way to and from the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London, UK.
– The overnight stay is subject to availability and certain black-out dates may apply.
– The prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted with a cash alternative.
– Competition entries must be received by 11 June 2015 at 11.59pm. The winner will be picked at random and will be contacted by email within a week of this closing date. The name of the lucky winner may also be published on the Smashing the Glass Facebook page.
– The winner must claim their prize within 1 year of being notified.
– Only one entry per person.
– Smashing The Glass’ decision and any decision taken by the promoter (St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Smashing The Glass may retain the email address of all entrants for future communication use only. It will not be shared with any third party.
– No purchase necessary.
NB. Images of the rooms are not necessarily indicative of the prize
Imagery top to bottom: Supplied by the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel /Supplied by the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel / Supplied by the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel / James & Lianne Photography / James & Lianne Photography / Earthy Photography / James & Lianne Photography / Supplied by the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel
Wedding videographer says
Hotel looks amazing! Good luck 🙂
Katie Rebecca says
Wow, this hotel is just beautiful! I never knew. I wish i had seen this hotel before we planned ours!! Its the prefect venue for a couple with a sense of adventure.
We are getting married this summer in France and taking the Eurostar, This would be a magical way to take a night to ourselves beforehand.