THREE FACTS: (1) James proposed to Charlotte in Florence… on her parent’s 36th wedding anniversary (aaaah – we love that!) (2) They are planning a Jewish urban-rustic wedding in East London (3) They have already decided on their wedding hashtags — it’s #dropitlikeitshart !
As our wedding is now only 5 weeks away, I thought it would now be a good time to put together some of the defining highlights and lowlights from our time of planning our wedding. And there have been a few!
- Knowing that The Brewery is the only place you want to get married, and it ticks all the boxes immediately.
- Finding a florist who got my chuppah vision, and could do it for the budget we had allocated!
Image by Blake Ezra from Lauren and Mark‘s wedding
- Caterers who think the food isn’t important, and the drink is not included in the price! Who can say they have walked away from a wedding not thinking about what canapà©s, food stations and main meals they’ve enjoyed. I’m so pleased with my final choice – my food tasting was amazing with Tony Page, and we can’t wait to experience all the food again at our wedding!
- Finding out that your toastmaster is seriously ill, and had to go into early retirement. Wishing Steven Warwick all the best, and we are so happy that we got to meet him at my sister’s wedding.
- Being asked whether our chazan can sing in Italian! And finding out how limited our choices are songs wise when it comes to the ceremony.
- Going to The Wedding Gallery to find James’ suit. For any man who is indecisive and wants a bespoke suit, this the place for you!
Image by Ryan Graham from Dani and Codey‘s wedding
- Wedding stationery dramas — in the end I designed them myself and got them printed.
- Being asked whether I am wearing tights or stockings with my wedding dress in August!
- Having DIY days with one of my bridesmaids, which involved glue guns and thinking we were born to be calligraphers.
- Trying on at least 30 pairs of different heels — before finding the perfect pair.
Image by HannaMonika Wedding Photography from Katie and Aaron‘s wedding
- Finding my dress at Pronovias with just my mum. It’s always better to go with one person that an entourage.
- James researching and booking our honeymoon in Italy. Looking forward to some much needed sun, sea and plenty of gelato.
- Spending time in Hatton Garden shopping for wedding rings.
- Meeting with Simon from Creation to discuss all things music — which can make or break the atmosphere at a wedding.
Image by David Pullum from Claire and Mark‘s wedding
- Which leads on to me trying to make James practice dancing to our first dance song spontaneously!
- I would also recommend keeping your first dance song to yourself — unless you are happy for your personal song to be used by another couple (!) We haven’t gone for your regular Ed Sheeran song!
- Meeting with Karen Cinnamon (founder of Smashing The Glass) at The Wedding Gallery to talk about my wedding experiences.
I can’t wait to see it all come together, our wedding planning has come with its stresses and drama but this will all soon be forgotten. The main thing is that I can’t wait to marry James.
Image by Corey Torpie from Hayley and Emmanuel‘s wedding
Click here to read all Charlotte’s planning posts to date.
Charlotte & James’ Wedding Vendors booked so far:
Venue – The Brewery
Photographer – Adam and Hannah
Videographer – AT Motion
Caterer – Tony Page
Florist — Funky Flowers
Band and production – Creation Showband
Hair – Gemma Harris
Bride and mother of the bride’s dress – Pronovias
Bridesmaids – Phase Eight
Groom’s attire – Casely-Hayford and Pantherella purchased at The Wedding Gallery
Gift list – Prezola