For those of you who are yet to book your wedding photographer, today’s blog post is especially for you. Oh yes, today’s your lucky days as I’m thrilled to be partnering with Jewish wedding photographer extraordinaire Claudine Hartzel to give one engaged-to-be-married couple completely FREE wedding photography! Let the celebrations begin!
I featured Claudine’s photography in one of the first real weddings I ever blogged back in 2013 and I’ve been smitten with her work ever since (and have blogged her images many times over too!). A soon as I discovered her talents, I quickly snapped her up as a Smashing Supplier and having met her as well, I’m genuinely lucky to call her a friend as well as a much-loved industry colleague.
Based in East London, but shooting weddings throughout the UK and beyond, Claudine captures weddings beautifully and naturally, using fashion, reportage and still life photography.
Claudine is herself Jewish, and has photographed many Jewish weddings — check out her fabulous Jewish wedding portfolio here) so you can only imagine how thrilled I was when she told me she wanted to give away a completely FREE wedding package together with an engagement shoot in London, to one couple anywhere in the world! If you’re getting married before next October 2017 and you haven’t organised your photographer yet, then today is most definitely a fortuitous day!
Even if you’re not fortunate enough to win, Claudine would like to offer every couple that enters 10% off their wedding photography if you then decide to go on and hire her.
Scroll down to read more about the prize and how to enter, and be sure to check out more of Claudine’s work at Claudine Hartzel Photography.
Why Claudine would love to shoot your wedding
I have photographed many Jewish weddings and absolutely love the Smashing The Glass blog. It’s an inspiration to many brides and grooms about to embark on their special day.. and to me, too! I want to be part of that inspiration, and I want to give couples the benefit of my ideas, passion, and professionalism.”
Claudine’s working process
I love the artist Edward Hopper and, even throughout my years as an artist, light has always been at the forefront of my work.
I find myself looking to old French films, contemporary artists and some of the great photographers to keep my mind fresh and inspired. I do not want to continually repeat the same images — my job is constantly evolving with the help of my clients’ own inspirations and personalities. I love this aspect of my work.
It’s also important to be open to ideas at every wedding, as no two events are the same, even though they may follow the same structure. This enables me to truthfully represent the original atmosphere and experiences of my clients with my own unique style.”
Claudine is offering one lucky couple:
- Full coverage of your wedding day, from getting ready until the very last moment of the evening.
- Pre- wedding meeting
- Beautifully edited images — minimum of 350 in high resolution on a USB
- Permission to print and share the images as you wish.
- No watermarks.
- A secure online gallery with all your images from the day to view and share
- An engagement shoot in London (within the M25).
(Please note: second photographer, prints, and albums are all extra).
The winner will be chosen subjectively and we welcome entries from all over the world. If the winner is from overseas, Claudine’s travel, accommodation, and expenses will need to be covered. Please remember that you will need to travel to London for your engagement shoot or again, cover Claudine’s expenses if you agree to shoot overseas.
How to enter
To enter make sure you’re following Smashing The Glass on Facebook. Then simply drop Claudine an email to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “Smashing The Glass competition entry” by Friday 11th March 2016 with some details about your wedding and your story. She wants to know about the two of you, and your wedding, so be sure to include your wedding date, location, and venue, and a recent picture of the two of you. Feel free to also include inspiration images or links to your wedding Pinterest boards — and the more creative your wedding is set to be, the better!
The winner will be notified by email by Friday 18th March 2016.
If you’re not lucky enough to be selected as the final winner, don’t worry, as every single one of you that enters will be offered 10% off your wedding package if you decide to book Claudine anyway. To be eligible for this discount, please mention Smashing The Glass when booking.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The winner will receive 8 hours of wedding day photography from Claudine Hartzel. Prize also includes an online gallery of 350+, fully edited wedding images and an engagement shoot in London.
- Every entrant will receive 10% off a wedding booking if you decide to book Claudine. ‘Smashing The Glass’ needs to be quoted at the time of booking.
- Closing date for entries is 23:59 on Friday 11th March 2016. Winners will be selected by Claudine and will be notified by email after that date.
- The winning wedding must take between 1st April 2016 and 31st September 2017.
- The wedding can take place anywhere in the world! Contest is open to all readers of Smashing The Glass over the age of 18. Reasonable transportation (and accommodation and expenses if required) costs from London for Claudine Hartzel must be covered by the winners.
- Only one entry per couple.
- Winners must be willing to be featured on smashingtheglass.com
- Copyright of publicity will belong to Claudine Hartzel Photography.
- If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Claudine Hartzel Photography reserves the right at her absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By entering the draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- Liability cannot be accepted for entries which are lost in transit or not received due to technical difficulties.
- Claudine Hartzel Photography’s decision and any decision taken by the promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted via their email address within a week of the the competition draw date.
- Claudine Hartzel Photography reserves the rights to use all material from the wedding for promotional purposes.
- No purchase necessary.