Last night I was one VERY happy blogger – champagne cocktail in hand, and live-streaming from London’s legendary Claridge’s, alongside a superstar guest, talking about one of the HOTTEST topics around — it really doesn’t get any better!
Coming to you live from the brand new Mezzanine events space on the first floor of the iconic Mayfair hotel where anyone who’s anyone stays (I’m talking Royals to Hollywood stars to A-list bloggers!!) ) was an absolute thrill and I was unashamedly excited to be live streaming from such an incredibly designed space.
The topic was something I am so passionate about – and something that has never really been fully dissected before — how to best plan your wedding using Instagram.
My guest for the evening was the international luxury wedding planner for the millenials (and she’s a bride-to-be too – Mazal Tov!) the effervescent Jemma-Jade William, founder of Jemma-Jade Events.
We talked about how to use Instagram to:
- Find design inspiration in unlikely places
- Discover wedding inspo with the best wedding hashtags
- Connect with potential vendors
- Pick up pointers from the pros
- Direct message other brides
- Figure out what you don’t want
- Save Instagram posts so you don’t clog up your phone
- What you can gain from watching Instagram Stories
- And so many more tips and tricks (including how vendors can best use it to connect to planning couples too!)
It was action-packed, super informative and amazing fun to boot – seriously you HAVE to watch the replay here or above, whatever stage of wedding planning you’re at!
Big thanks to the amazing Charlotte James and Orla Hickey at Claridge’s for organising it all so beautifully, and for our amazing ‘Flapper’ cocktails – we’ll be back for more fin and frolics VERY soon!
Image: STG Vendor: Silverspoon London
Our next Facebook Live will be this Monday 13 November with special guest, Rabbi Paul Glantz, for an Ask The Modern Rabbi’ special. I seriously can’t wait. We’ll be on the Smashing The Glass Facebook page at 8pm GMT (that’s 3pm EST, 12pm PST, and 9pm in Europe).
Make sure you like the Smashing The Glass Facebook page to be notified of all future shows.