Karen will be speaking with JScreen genetic counselor Emily Goldberg
Over the past couple of years, we’ve had some informative, empowering conversations with members of the JScreen team about what JScreen does, how genetic carrier screening works, and what all this might mean for you. We wanted to make sure all the newly engaged couples are able to benefit, so we’re bringing Emily in to give us a refresher, plus fill us in on recent updates.
LEARN ALL ABOUT IT
- What is genetic carrier screening?
- Who should consider genetic carrier screening?
- What diseases does JScreen test for?
- How accurate are the results?
- Is it worth testing through JScreen if I’ve already done genetic carrier screening?
- How much does JScreen cost? How does it work with insurance?
- How does JScreen’s process work?
- What are the next steps if a couple finds out they are carriers for a disease?
If you decide to go forward with genetic testing through JScreen, you’ll also be eligible for a $100 discount as a Smashing The Glass reader – just use the code “Smashing23”
While JScreen only covers testing in the United States, this Instagram Live will include general information about genetic screening that’s relevant to individuals and couples anywhere in the world.
We’ll be chatting in real time, so you can ask Emily and me anything you want during our live broadcast, or you can submit a question in advance by emailing email@example.com
Tune in this Tuesday, January 31 at 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST / 6:00 pm GMT to www.instagram.com/smashingtheglass.