We’re so excited to announce something totally new from the team behind Sensation Band… Balagan, the first and only roaming acoustic band in the world that offers Jewish wedding music sets – this is seriously the ULTIMATE in live Jewish wedding entertainment!
We’ve long been fans of Sensation Band, who’ve been bringing music from the biggest stages around the world to Jewish and Jew-ish weddings in London and around the world. Since launching five years ago, they’ve worked with some of the most creative and talented vendors around and entertained tens of thousands of guests in some of the coolest venues across the globe ( and of course we’ve featured Sensation in so many gorgeous real Jewish weddings here on Smashing The Glass over the years).
Now, with Balagan, they’re ready to crank the fun factor up to 11. Offering a 5-6 piece band consisting of singing guitarists, saxophone, percussion, and even an unmissable sousaphone! The band can roam around singing, dancing and interacting with guests during reception drinks, dinner, or during your party set.
Win a show stopping Performance from Balagan Roaming Band
We’re teaming up with Balagan to offer one lucky couple a chance to win a 5-piece Balagan acoustic roaming band to play at their wedding, free of charge! This is a truly incredible prize, worth over £3000 – so if you’re getting married between 1st March 2020 and 1st March 2021, read on to find out how to enter!
Why Choose a Roaming Band?
The greatest feature of a roaming band like Balagan is that it is designed from the outset to be fully mobile and fully personalized, so it’s perfect for receptions, dinner music or regular parties where the band can roam from table to table.
The band members are all highly talented musicians with outgoing personalities – they love getting in amongst the crowd and getting the party started.
The Jewish Wedding Set
Balagan is the only roaming acoustic band in the world (that we know of!) that offers Jewish sets. Fronted by an Israeli folk singer, you get truly authentic Israeli music brought to life in an immersive and fun way never seen before (why oh why weren’t Balagan around when I had my wedding?!).
This is an amazing alternative to the traditional format of having a band performing the Israeli set on stage – with Balagan you are in amongst the music. The band can also perform on a central podium with guests gathered around for dancing.
An immersive experience
Balagan gets everyone involved and makes the experience as immersive and participative as possible. They often suggest providing guests with personalised drums and tambourines, so even if they don’t know the words to the songs on the set list they can help create the music!
Why We Love Balagan for Jewish Weddings
- You can’t beat the fun factor of a roaming band – Balagan creates an intimate, informal atmosphere guaranteed to get your guests talking
- As a roaming band, Balagan connects with guests and tables in a totally personalized way that will make each and every attendee feel effortlessly comfortable and engaged in the celebration from the very beginning
- Roaming bands are great in situations where there are specific sound restrictions, and Balagan can play acoustically without issue even where there are sound limiters in place
- Without the need for a stage or any sound equipment, Balagan can work in pretty much any space available, no matter how small or large
- And they also work with a range of budgets, depending on your needs
- Give your guests a huge surprise by introducing the band out of nowhere with a guerrilla/flash mob entrance, guaranteed to get the whole room on their feet
- Balagan can go fully wireless, so you get all the advantages of being fully mobile and acoustic, but you still get a big sound, mixed by a sound engineer
Balagan covers a huge number of tracks over a wide range of music genres including:
- Top 40
Different Ways to use BALAGAN at your wedding or event
1. Drinks Receptions
The band will generally roam around, engaging groups of guests and letting them request songs to sing along and dance to with them. This usually works best for around 30 minutes, giving enough opportunity to spend time with as many guests as possible.
2. Wedding Ceremony
Use Balagan to create an uplifting, fun, and memorable chuppah ceremony that guests are certain not to have experienced before. Alternatively, opt to have the lead Israeli singer with his acoustic guitar to sing some romantic/folky tunes during your ceremony.
3. Entry Set
Use Balagan as guests enter the room for dinner to set the tone for a party. As guests find their seats, Balagan invite onto the dance floor to get the party started and welcome in the bride and groom. Bride and groom can choose to be danced in by the band to a song of their choice, or get the Israeli dancing started.
4. Dinner Music
The band can enter as a surprise at a specific point to provide dinner entertainment. For English tracks this usually starts out as some nice gentle singalongs to get the guests warmed up, then building into bigger faster tracks to end on a high. Balagan also uniquely offers an Israeli singalong set which really sets them apart from all other bands.
5. Party Set
This usually works best where there are microphones and a stage. Balagan can get the after-dinner dancing started with a huge range of party tracks.
Do I need a Band or DJ too?
It totally depends on how you want your party to be! Balagan is sometimes the only entertainment hired for the party and other times they play the earlier parts of the day, leaving a band or DJ to take over later and keep the party going. Being part of Sensation Band & Lit means they can also provide sound, lighting, staging, DJs, and many other entertainment options all under one roof.
10% Discount to Smashing The Glass Brides Club Members
Balagan are generously offering a 10% discount to all members of Smashing The Glass’s Brides Club. If you’re a Jewish or Jew-ish bride-to-be and you’re not already a member of Brides Club, you’re missing out! Snap up your place here.
About the Prize
Have I sold you on Balagan yet? Great — because now you can win a 5-piece acoustic roaming band for your own wedding! The competition is open to Smashing the Glass readers across the globe who are getting married between 1st March 2020 and 1st March 2021 (inclusive).
One lucky couple will win:
- A performance of up to 1.5 hours by a 5-piece Balagan acoustic roaming band at your wedding!
- Total prize value – over £3000
This competition is now closed
How to Enter
To be entered to win the prize above, simply complete the following three steps.
- Follow @SmashingTheGlass and @TheBalaganBand on Instagram.
- Share this Facebook post.
- Come back and fill out the form below, which includes answering the question “What leading UK wedding band is Balagan associated with?” (clue: you can find the answer in the top paragraph of this page)
The closing date for entries is 7 February 2020 at 11.59pm. Best of luck! Best of luck!
Fill in the form below to complete your entry
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Smashing The Glass, company registration number: 7627876, in association with Balagan.
- The prize is a performance of up to 1.5 hours playtime by a 5-piece Balagan acoustic roaming band.
- The winner’s wedding must take place between 1st March 2020 and 1st March 2021
- The contest is open to all readers of Smashing The Glass, but if your wedding is taking place outside the M25, you will be required to pay the travel supplement.
- Employees of Smashing The Glass or Balagan and their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Competition entries must be received by 11.59pm on 7 February 2020. The winner will be picked at random and will be contacted by email no later than 12 February 2020.
- The prize must be used within 12 months of the prize draw.
- This prize is worth over £3000.
- Subject to availability (where your date is already booked, you will be offered alternative dates/times)
- Prize can only be used by the winner and immediate family. It is not transferrable to other person(s)
- Prize is non exchangeable, non-transferrable, and no cash alternative is offered.
- Balagan reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative if circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Balgan reserves the right to hold, void cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where eit becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Balagan, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Balagan, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Balagan or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and periodically send information regarding the band. You may opt out of receiving marketing messages at any time.
- Balagan reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the STG website.