The struggle is real: you’ve always dreamed of an idyllic, secluded countryside wedding, but also need a venue where the team knows a chuppah from a hora.
I hear you. It’s not always easy planning a UK Jewish wedding when you’re not going for that big city feel, between kosher catering, easy transportation for guests, and all the other considerations that come into choosing a venue for a Jewish wedding. But there are a handful of fantastic venues out there that let you have your cake (or scone?) and eat it too.
Like Hedsor House, an incredible Smashing The Glass Recommended Vendor in the heart of the English countryside, yet only 45 minutes from London. Located in the beautiful Thames Valley, Hedsor House’s Buckinghamshire location embodies that classic English country house splendour with its magnificent Georgian architecture, elegant decor, and sprawling grounds. It’s truly a special backdrop for your big day.
Hedsor House regularly hosts luxury Jewish weddings, and the events team are total pros at handling all the special details that go into a Jewish wedding. Whether your ceremony is Orthodox or Jew-ish, they know what to do — and they’ll be there with you every step of the way, with their mega-attentive service ensuring your ideas are brought to life and your big day runs smoothly.
With a variety of wonderful spaces — they’ve got both indoor and outdoor chuppah options, a glorious domed Centre Hall, magnificent oak-paneled Ballroom, plus a range of smaller room options perfect for a tisch and badeken — there are so many ways to tailor your celebration to your needs.
There’s also a totally gorgeous bridal suite, perfect for getting ready with your girls (and eminently photographable), plus ten additional guest rooms on site for exclusive use by your closest family and friends post-wedding.
Why Hedsor House is the Perfect English Country House Venue for Your Jewish Wedding
- Located 45 minutes from London, with easy transport links to the M40, M4, and London Heathrow
- Can accommodate up to 150 guests for a seated meal
- Flexible indoor and outdoor space for your chuppah, including the South Lawn, Centre Hall, and Ballroom
- Enough room for the horah in the Centre Hall with lots of ceiling height
- Lots of different ancillary room options for the tisch and badeken
- Top kosher caterers Celia Clyne, Food Story (a Smashing The Glass Recommended Vendor), and Philip Small are among Hedsor House’s preferred suppliers
- No charge to bring in your own kosher wine
- Exclusive use of the house on your wedding day
- Good Sunday availability in 2019 and 2020 (and Sundays are available at a lower rate)
Want to find out more about Jewish weddings at Hedsor House? Do get in touch – the team would love to show you around!