By the time this post is live, we will be 1 week away from the big day. As I’m sure you can imagine, the last few weeks have been just a little bit hectic and I still do have rather a lot left to do – I can hear my mother’s voice in my head saying “typical Lauren” right now. Whilst trying to think of what to write in my last pre-wedding post I struggled to come up with something specific and useful to write about that could shed some light on what it is like to be a bride at the final stages of prep, but nothing was jumping out at me as interesting.
I felt that writing a post about the last minute tasks that I have to complete may actually add to my sleepless nights, but could potentially help focus me and force me to get those things done… so here is a small insight into my mind when I am lying awake at night thinking of all the things I need to do (please note that this was written over 2 weeks before the wedding day so I still have a little bit of time):
- Sew up the chuppah canopy
- Write the final signs and table names
- Hammer the signs onto posts
- Finish table plan
- Sort out the children’s activities and packs
- Make the table runners
- Buy last few thank you gifts
- Get outfit steamed
- Final beauty prep – final hair appointment, nails etc.
- Write the place cards
- Final meeting with wedding venue staff
- Arrange transport for all signs, wine and props that we are providing
- Write up our Ketubah (nicely!)
- Write vows
- Get married legally
- Delegate some of the above!