A few weeks ago Mr STG arrived home and told me that he’d stopped by a very cool pop up shop called ‘WISE Creative’ in Marylebone, packed full of quality, independent British brands. He had been served by a lovely woman called Rose, who is co-founder of WISE, and the owner of the super-chic luxury lingerie label, Rose Fulbright.
My always-entrepreneurial hubby immediately spotted that my readers would love Rose’s exquisite silhouette designs and told me that it might be an idea to contact her about a collaboration. Well I know that wives aren’t known for saying this about their husbands, but he was absolutely right! I’m completely taken with Rose’s gorgeous designs, seaming and finish, and I know that you will be too.
Her lingerie oozes femininity, and what’s more I love the fact that you can personalise the garments for your special day with a bespoke monogramming service. I very much wanted to incorporate my new initials into my wedding day and I did so by putting a necklace on after the ceremony, made up of my new initials, but I have to admit that monogramming my lingerie would have been even sexier!
Rose’s personal passion is an emphasis on quality, which shows through the fine materials she uses (we’re talking stretch silks and Italian satin), as well as the fact that all the pieces are handmade in Britain. Her two most versatile shades for weddings are Pearl for brides looking for lingerie to wear during the wedding day, or for beautiful, romantic lingerie to change into on the wedding night or wear on a honeymoon, and Blush which is the perfect soft, pink tone to go under the dress.
Rose told me, “my debut collection is inspired by 1930s styles, rendering refined lines and elegant shapes that are quite unusual in the current market. All bras are front-fastening, which brings the styles from being too classic to something a little interesting”.
And as I mentioned already, the bespoke monogramming service means you can have your initials embroidered onto your lingerie in a choice of Art Deco, Script, Serif or Italic fonts. I love the idea of personalising your wedding underwear in such a sophisticated timeless way, and it ties in nicely with the 1930’s tradition of a bride receiving a bridal trousseau of new lingerie and nightwear, all monogrammed with her new initials.
Rose Fulbright also offers a bespoke garter making service made from vintage lace, ribbon flowers and beautiful elastics, and she can also incorporate any fabrics or beads that you might like to use that are personal to you. This ensures that each piece is individual and also sustainably and ethically produced, whilst being chic and beautifully designed.
On honeymoon you’re going to love sauntering around your boudoir in her delectable silk Japanese-inspired pyjama sets too. They are made using European crepe-backed silk satin, and made so that the satin sits against the skin, making the pyjamas wonderfully comfortable and luxurious. They are perfect to stay chic yet indulgent on on honeymoon, and the colours and style are so versatile that you will be able to wear them long after your 10th wedding anniversary!
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
how to enter
For your chance to win, simply like the Smashing The Glass Facebook page and leave a comment on this post. It’s as easy as that! Rose Fulbright ships worldwide so everyone is eligible to enter no matter where you live.
But wait, there’s more! Rose Fulbright wants everyone of you to feel gorgeous on your wedding day and beyond, and is offering 30% off orders to all Smashing The Glass readers through to 15th August.
Simply visit rosefulbright.com and enter the code SMASHING30 to take advantage of the 30% discount!
My personal choice would be the blush no.1 satin bra and knickers with art deco 3 letter diamond monogramming in my new initials! I hope you’ll find something that you love too.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Smashing The Glass will retain the email address of all entrants for future communication use only. It will not be shared with any third party.
• Competition entries must be received by Thursday 31 July 2014 at 11.59pm. The winners will be picked at random and will be contacted by email within a week of this closing date. The name of the lucky winner may also be published on the Smashing the Glass Facebook page.
• The winner must claim their prize within 8 days of being notified and we reserve the right to select an alternative winner should the prize not be claimed.
• The winner will receive a Rose Fulbright discount code worth £100 which will be valid for 1 month until 31 August 2014 and is redeemable against any stock subject to availability.
• There is no cash or prize alternative.
• Smashing The Glass’ decision and any decision taken by the promoter (Rose Fulbright) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• No purchase necessary.
• The 30% discount is for Rose Fulbright products only and does not include postage costs